Legal Information

Referral to a Qualified Lawyer

Information about the MCBA Lawyer Referral Service, how to get the name of a lawyer over the telephone, how to request the name of a lawyer online, and information about the Association's Reduced Fee Program.

Representing Yourself in Court

General information about representing yourself in court, what the court can and cannot do for you, contact information, brochures, forms and kits. The New Jersey Judiciary prepared these materials for individuals who choose to represent themselves in some legal matters.

Small Claims

Learn more about typical small claims that can and can't be filed. Also learn how to file a claim.

Special Civil Court

Special Civil is a court where you may sue someone (the defendant) to collect an amount of money up to $15,000 that you believe is owed to you. Learn how to file a claim, including Who, What, and Where.

Landlord / Tenant Issues

Typical complaints between landlords and tenants and how to file a complaint.

Ethics Complaints

Filing an ethics complaint against a lawyer.

Fee Arbitration

Filing a fee arbitration complaint against a lawyer.

Central Jersey Legal Services Corporation

A nonprofit law firm. We offer free legal help in civil (non-criminal) cases for low-income residents of Mercer, Middlesex and Union Counties. If you have a legal problem and cannot afford an attorney, Central Jersey Legal Services is here to help.


Self-Help guide to divorce in New Jersey. Call 732-572-9100 ext. 375

$35 or less for a 30-minute consultation from a qualified, local lawyer.

Request a lawyer online

Or call us! We're here to help.

Monday - Friday

9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.